Music, Pizza, Movie – At Home Date
MAKE A “MIX TAPE”
Here is my Spotify “Mix Tape” Playlist
MAKE PIZZA TOGETHER
Open a great bottle of wine. Pick up some pizza dough and sauce at Trader Joe’s (or the like) then ADD your favorite toppings. Order a BLAZE/MOD pizza and have it delivered or pick up curbside. OR
MAKE FROM SCRATCH – Here is my favorite dough and sauce recipes.
Basic Pizza Dough – from Food Network Magazine
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 yeast packet (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk 1 1/3 cups warm water (105) and the sugar in a bowl; sprinkle the yeast on top. Set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in the olive oil.
- Whisk the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Gradually still with a wooden spoon to make a rough dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, dusting with more flour if necessary. Form into 2 balls. Brush 2 large bowls with olive oil, add a ball of dough to each and turn to coat with the oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour, 30 minutes. Roll out and top as desired, or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze up to 1 month.
Basic Pizza Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes*
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Ground Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in Instant Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and pressure cook for 15 minutes. Quick release.
- Blend to desired consistency. Let cool before use. Makes 2 cups.
*For a quick sauce use Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes. Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to blender and blend to desired consistency and let cool before use.
BAKE A SKILLET COOKIE.
BJ’s PAZOOKI is one of my favorite desserts – I’ve always wanted to try this at home. If you want a Quick & Easy option pick up some cookie dough & ice cream at your local grocer. If you are feeling ambitious – click this link.
WATCH A MOVIE UNDER THE STARS.
Take a sheet or drop cloth with a projector or move your TV outside for the night. Setup lawn chairs, piles of blankets & pillows. Pop some popcorn and sit back & enjoy the show. MOVIE IDEAS – Funny Face, An Affair to Remember, Sleepless in Seattle, While You Were Sleeping or one of my personal favorites You’ve Got Mail.